Thursday, October 20, 2011

Luke Calls Me Out

I had to pick Luke up from an after school meeting yesterday, so I left the other boys at home.  When he got in the car, we talked and I said something sarcastic.  I don't remember what it was, but just to be funny.

Luke:  I hate sarcasm.  You were just sarcastic and Jake is sarcastic all of the time.  He is so sarcastic that I can't even tell when he means it and when he doesn't.  He puts me down and then I feel bad.

Me:  Well, Luke, you know he is going through a weirdo teenage phase, so why don't you just recognize that and not take it personally? 

Luke:  Soooo...I guess you never grew out of your weido teenage phase, huh Mama?

Score one for Luke.

Later on the ride home, Luke said, "Did you know that Ms. Hughes' son takes ballet?" 

I said, "No, I don't know Ms. Hughes or her son."

Luke:  Sheesh, Mama.  That was not a literal question.  Why did you take it literally?  That was a set-up so that I could tell you a fact.  I can't believe you thought it was a literal question.

Score two for Luke.

I have been effectively put in my place. 

##

No comments:

Post a Comment